Monday, September 3, 2018

The Challenges behind being a Product and Brand Value Accelerator.

I can recall many occasions helping college friends, associates, and customers accelerate a project after it had been completed.  Back then I did not realize I was an accelerator. A couple of times I heard the word "agent" bandied about when it came to my helpful ways.

However, I have too much respect for agents to think I could do that job. Agents have to be part actor, part believer, and part business person while also being able to schmooze. I wasn't much of a schmoozer, however, I did manage to get myself welcomed into places where I could pitch my ideas. What made me successful at helping others was doing the best I could to help them with their project by either reviewing the finished project, or actually helping to create the project when the situation arose.

I had a remarkably good record at knowing when a project should or could be accelerated. However, and ironically enough, because I was not their agent many times the initial success I helped introduce associates to would result in the effort falling short for a variety of surprising reasons. The reason aren't important, what is important is that I did my job and gave the person axis to true success. 20 years later and there are close to a half dozen stories that would have been more noteworthy if the people I had assisted had just signed their agreements.

Going forward it would have been nice to have such testimonials. I may decide to reach out to some and see if they would be willing to give me a testimonial quote. In the meantime, I am moving forward on numerous projects. But as I heard on a Shark Tank episode last night, One is none, and two is one. I could not agree more. When I was the person helping someone else, two was one. Now as I go forward more or less on my own, one is none more than I care to admit.

Visit my LinkedIn page to learn more.

No comments:

Post a Comment